1/6/11

What's on my table...

I'm very fortunate to be blessed with so many wonderful friends. :) I wish I was able to see some of them more often, but even though I don't get to see some of them as often as I'd like, I love them just the same :) Everyone has been so busy with the holidays, switching jobs, and their families that we thought it was time for a quick little get together. A few girlfriends and one certain Mr. came by for lunch and a visit. Was really great to see everyone, it's been a while since I laughed that much and it was just what I needed!

It's always nice to try and make your table look pretty. My best friend Kim gave me a great tip for keeping your table festive and it's super cheap. Instead of using whole table cloths, which can get pretty pricy and take up alot of space, (believe me I know), she suggested just using bits of cloth for table runners. It's great because you can always find bits of fabric in the discount bin, or because you're only making a table runner, you can splurge and get the fancier stuff that may have been too pricy if you were making an entire table cloth!

What's on my table:
Swatch of navy blue with white polka dotted fabric
Vintage milk glass vases from my personal collection. (one was a gift from Emily)
Yellow mums from the grocery store. ( I think they're mums)

What was on the menu:
Carrot, Yam, Apple and Ginger Soup
Spinach, Bacon, and Feta quiche
Spinach salad
and Caramel Apple Pie Crumble for dessert! (from Safeway, not homemade but sooo yummy)
oh and white wine of course ;)

Have a great night everyone!
Tam xo

No comments :

Post a Comment