2/27/11

My visit to Bear Mountain...

Last week I had the BEST start to my week. I was so graciously invited to Bear Mountain Resort here in Victoria for a complimentary spa treatment and hotel tour. They had invited local vendors who work in the wedding industry so they could showcase what the hotel has to offer. The event was nothing short of spectactular!

I was first treated to a 1 hour relaxation massage in the Sante Spa. Sooo lovely and just what I needed! Jenn is the Spa Director and does a wonderful job. The staff were so personable and welcoming. They took the time to make sure they all knew my name, and made me feel like a princess. The rooms are beautiful and the entire atmosphere is truly just relaxing and dreamy. I have to say my favorite esthetic feature was the living wall in the lounge. I liked it so much I had to take a closer peek to investigate. Pretty darn cool I must say.

{Living Wall in the Lounge of Sante Spa}


After our treatments we were off on our hotel tour. I have always thought that I thought the hotel would be an amazing place for a wedding and even attended my friend Steph and Trev's last summer. (it was beautiful), but until this point I really didn't know what all the hotel had to offer. There really is something for everyone! They can accommodate a small intimate wedding of 10, or a gathering of friends in the wine cellar, to a large event of 350 in the ballroom.

I've had the pleasure once before of having dinner at Panache, and again got to sample a few treats and meet the chefs. If you ever get a chance to go, I highly reccommend it. The service is fantastic, and the food is like nothing you've ever tasted!

{Pics from the Penthouse Suite, courteousy of rubyjoon photography}


My favorite place in the hotel is The Cellar. If I had to give one word that describes it, I would say luxurious. You're surrounded by over 2000 bottles of wine from all over the world, warm wood walls, and rich leather furniture. We we're told the largest bottle of wine they had was 9 litres! Kinda tough to pour I'd imagine. ;) The room is warm and inviting and you just want to pick your favorite vintage and sink into one of the chairs with a glass.

I think I'm seeing a night out with friends to check out their Friday Night Flights wine tastings, pick our favorite vintage, and then head on upstairs for dinner in my future very soon :)

Just wanted to give a BIG thanks to Helena and Jenn from the hotel, for thinking of me and including me in your event. I'm so glad I went.

Hope you all have a lovely lazy Sunday :)
Tam xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment