5/28/10

Lemonade Cookies


I've been so busy lately, and I've been dying to try out this new recipe I found for Lemonade Cookies. I was pretty happy the other night when I was finally able to find some time. It's a brand new recipe for me and I had no idea how they were going to turn out. I had to try a few different temperatures and cooking times, but after my 3rd attempt I finally got it right :) My test crew at the office seemed to like them and gave me their seal of approval. Susan said they were really good because they're not too sweet and she could enjoy them with her cup of tea.

The key ingredient in them is the frozen lemonade, so really I think you could make them with any kind of frozen juice. I'm thinking that cranberry, or pineapple would be pretty tasty. When they're done they end up having a moist cake like texture to them and they puff up a bit when you bake them. It's really important to keep them the size that's specified in the recipe or you risk burning them, or not having them cooked completely in the middle. (Believe me... I know!) :) So here you are... I've done all the testing and tweaking for you. Just follow the recipe exactly and you should be good to go!

Lemonade Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour, (make sure you sift the flour before measuring)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 small can of frozen lemonade from concentrate (or any other frozen juice you desire)
1 tsp grated lemon peel (optional)
granulated sugar

Cream butter and sugar until light, add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Sift flour and baking soda. Add to the cream mixture alternating with a 1/2 cup of the frozen lemonade. Stir in grated lemon peel. Drop dough by the teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and place 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. When done, brush hot cookies with lemonade concentrate and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Remove cookies to cooling racks.
Hope you're all having a lovely evening.
Tam xo

No comments :

Post a Comment